This summer I am taking the kids on a trip around the world! Well, we're getting as far as the library anyway!
We started by studying maps- world maps, city maps, pirate treasure maps, globes. Then we went into the different countries, starting with our home.
We played statue tag in the shadow of the Statue of Liberty, tap danced to mariachi music in Mexico, saw beavers and moose while in Cananda, and ate with chop sticks in China! The kids have been making tons of crafts- and I have discovered that I love the way my house smells after they paint with tempera paints!!
We celebrated Raksha Bandhan in India, where siblings honor each other with homemade bracelets. We also got Henna tatoos at the beach! In Japan, we learned origami and tried sushi. When we got back, we visited the Japanese gardens here in Houston.
We are currently in the United Kingdom, visiting Big Ben and having tea with the queen. We're hoping to catch a glimpse of the Loch Ness monster as we travel further north in the UK! We'll post those pictures when we return!! Heehee!