Tuesday, August 26, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL


Claire started kindergarten yesterday (Monday, August 25th). She goes to our neighborhood public school.

The school hosted an ice cream social on Saturday. Claire got to meet her teacher and see her classroom. This, coupled with the cute uniform, really had her pumped to start kindergarten! And so far, she loves it!




And Matthew started Pre-K yesterday at the same school! I was very nervous for him, but he did great! He was very brave, even though we missed the call for his class that first morning.

Matthew was pretty reserved during the ice cream social, but I think he was just taking it all in.

The snappy uniform is a hit with Matthew, too, as well as the fireman costume in the classroom dress-up. Besides the required nap time, he loves school!


















Breakfast is free to all district students, and Claire and Matthew think this is so cool! We ate some cereal at home (just in case, you never know...), and then had a milk-and-apple snack before going on to class! Of course, they could have had breakfast pizza, French toast, or cereal if they had wanted.

And today-- the 2nd day-- the kids begged to buy their lunches... I was nervous, but apparently they didn't starve! I think I'm more nervous about this whole "school thing" than they are!! I guess they're going to do fine.