Saturday, August 30, 2008

MY NEW KITCHEN!




A year and a half ago, when we bought this house, I knew something had to be done about the kitchen. So began my kitchen remodel. Many designs and several contractors later, the new space is finally finished. And I think it's beautiful.

The actual remodel took 7 weeks. Most of the time the kids and I stayed out of the way, up in Kingwood with my parents.

It might be hard to visualize what was done, other than cosmetic changes, based on the "before" and "after" shots. We removed a wall that divided the kitchen and the family rooms (if you saw our house before the remodel, this was the wall with the pantry and cooktop). The kitchen was taken back to the studs. In the end, it's just a great use of the space, and makes for a much better working kitchen. I can't wait to get in there!

If you are ever in the neighborhood, you should drop by and see the new kitchen and visit with us a little!